Crochet Update.

November 24, 2010 § Leave a comment

Since I have realized I haven’t added many of my older crochet projects, I’m going to do one big Crochet update.

The first 2 pictures are of the Portal cake. Another tribute to one of the greatest puzzle games on the planet!  I made this with no pattern and ended up with only enough room for 6 of the 8 cherries, but I still loooooovvvveeeee it! I’m thinking about selling some as I have had a lot of interest!

Next are some of my Mario themed projects. The Goomba and a 1-up Mushroom.

These were a lot of fun to make and really easy!

🙂

Mini Update.

November 24, 2010 § Leave a comment

Christmas is only a month away so Evan and I put up our tree last night! Last year Evan’s Grandma gave us an antique tree topper, and so this is the first year we have put it on the tree! This is also the first Christmas I have been exited about in 6 years or so. I’m really exited to give gifts this year as well since I have some really fun ideas🙂

I also Wanted to show off my Gecko eggs! I’m really exited for them to hatch! December 2nd will be 65 days. It’s my first batch and  I can’t wait to see what morph they are! I took a picture of both the new egg and the ones ready to hatch soon to show how much they grow over the 2 months!!  The green dots on the larger ones is a marking done by me with a non-toxic marker to show the top. With these eggs you need to mark them to make sure they stay the same direction as when they were laid. The 2nd clutch was laid just outside of her “lay box” so when I found them, one had folded in on itself and the other had a dent. The one was a dud, but I’m crossing my fingers that the dented one (the dent is on the bottom of the egg) will still survive. Its happened before, its just not very common. When I candle it, I will be able to tell what the chances of it surviving are. Hopefully it will survive! Anyway, I hope you like the photos and as always, click to enlarge!

Evan and I

November 24, 2010 § Leave a comment

I have finally taken a photo of my first Cross stitch project. It took a few months working on it 3 days a week for about 4-6 hours a day. It was a very ambitious project, but was totally worth it! I used My Photo Stitch Which is a free Cross stitch pattern maker. I uploaded My photo and BOOM, I was ready to go. I’m really impressed at how it came out🙂

Here is the Original and Cross Stitch Version. I can’t wait to frame this one🙂 (click Image to view larger)

Portal Companion Cube

November 24, 2010 § Leave a comment

I wanted to do a quick project, and I ended up finishing it in only one day!

I’m a die hard Portal fan and Cannot wait for Portal 2 to come out! It looks fabulous! I’m going to disappear for a month after its released!!!

Here is the Teaser Trailer for the first portal, If you don’t know what Portal is, you need to watch this🙂


And Portal 2!!!!!!!!!

Now for my Project!! This took about 4 hours total. It’s somewhat of an inside joke for all those who have played the first Portal!

I  Heart My Companion Cube!

Now all I need to do is get some frames for all my projects!

Mario NES Evolution!

November 22, 2010 § Leave a comment

This is the latest Cross stitch project I have been working on. It took me a good while to complete but was totally worth it! Im really happy with how it turned out.

I hope you guys like it! I sure enjoyed making it! (Click to make image larger)

 

Free Pattern can be found here

Hand Cast Attempt #2 (Before)

November 16, 2010 § Leave a comment

This was my second attempt with the Alginate/plaster hand casting. This one  I used Evans hand, which just barely fit in the container I was using.  It didn’t end up all that bad, but there is a bit more that needs touch ups. This time I took some “before” photos, and I will be posting some “after” photos when I have finished touching it up.

Hand Cast Attempt #1

November 15, 2010 § Leave a comment

I had bought some Alginate and Plaster for making Casts. Before trying it out on a head, I did a test on my hand and Evans hand. First Ill start with my Hand. It didn’t take much time at all to do the cast, and only about 45 min for the plaster to set (30 min according to the bucket, but I didn’t want to take chances) It came out really well, and I was relieved!! There were a few messy bits on the finger tips and one Bubble had formed on the pad of one finger, but after a little craving and whatnot, It looks pretty fantastic!! I’m going to have to Experiment with some plaster and try to get the Bubble filled in, but for now, Heres some Photos!!! I didn’t think to take a before shot of this one, which Im kind disappointed about now. I must have just been toooooo exited in the moment😛

I also left the photos as image files so you can enlarge to see the details!

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.