November 16, 2010 § Leave a comment
This was my second attempt with the Alginate/plaster hand casting. This one I used Evans hand, which just barely fit in the container I was using. It didn’t end up all that bad, but there is a bit more that needs touch ups. This time I took some “before” photos, and I will be posting some “after” photos when I have finished touching it up.
November 15, 2010 § Leave a comment
I had bought some Alginate and Plaster for making Casts. Before trying it out on a head, I did a test on my hand and Evans hand. First Ill start with my Hand. It didn’t take much time at all to do the cast, and only about 45 min for the plaster to set (30 min according to the bucket, but I didn’t want to take chances) It came out really well, and I was relieved!! There were a few messy bits on the finger tips and one Bubble had formed on the pad of one finger, but after a little craving and whatnot, It looks pretty fantastic!! I’m going to have to Experiment with some plaster and try to get the Bubble filled in, but for now, Heres some Photos!!! I didn’t think to take a before shot of this one, which Im kind disappointed about now. I must have just been toooooo exited in the moment 😛
I also left the photos as image files so you can enlarge to see the details!